Sunday 25 July 2010

Three Decoupage Cards – Pepper and Friends

Cat on a flower pot decoupage card
I don’t usually do decoupage but now and again I relent, especially when they are a bargain. These cards were made using a Pepper and Friends pad (Trimcraft) that I got from the Range, the pad had come apart and to be honest I think there was another part of a pad mixed up with it as well…..
frog in a well decoupage card
I’ve used a pale gingham card for the background mat and layered on silver and then added small flat backed gems here and there for extra sparkle.
Mice with watering can decoupage card
To me, it feels a little bit like cheating, but the proof is in the pudding, and they flew out of my box!

4 comments:

carlytheprincess said...

They look great! I know what you mean about cheating. I bought a set made by Kanban from QVC and I felt like it wasn't my own work and felt embarrassed when anyone said how great they looked!
Carly x

Angie said...

Such cute cards .
Love the mini book on previous post ....what a wonderful keepsake.

Di said...

Lovely cards Helen. I too sell my cards and often forget i don't have to sit there stamping and colouring for hours,people buy what they like without any thought of how much or little work went into it. Bring on the decoupage! Di.xx

Unknown said...

these are beautiful. I used to feel like it was cheating, but you still did all the background work, the matting and layering, the layering up of the decoupage etc... in fact its more hard work that sticking a flower in the middle of the page instead - and it still takes some thought on where to put everything. I can see why they went quickly... Not cheating at all.

Paula x x x