Thursday 30 September 2010

Ghostly Halloween Lollies

Oh my life, this seemed such a simple but effective idea when I found it on Google http://blog.makezine.com/ghost-lollies.jpg. But making cute ghost lollies is definitely NOT my forte!!! I seem to have turned them into the stuff of nightmares!!!!! These are just too spooky and would probably traumatise any little Trick or Treaters, who may happen upon my doorstep, for life ......
Picture 149 Picture 151
A ghost without a mouth isn’t quite right….. I think the eyes are too big. But add a mouth, and it takes on a terrifying persona.
Picture 146 Halloween Lollipop ghost 1
I’ve used little Chupa Chups lollies ….. they are so cute, well ……. they were cute until I got hold of them! If I give these out at Halloween I’ll be branded as "The streets’ resident lady of evil” and given a wide berth in the Post Office and Chip Shop!  Back to the drawing board........
ghost-lollies
This was the look I was going for!

7 comments:

Anj said...

maybe white not black ribbon round their necks - argh - not very nice to even SAY round their necks.....

Sandra said...

uummm, not sure really. But I love that your post made me giggle this morning - you feel more "real" now to me. Everything you do is always just perfect :)

Louise said...

These are hilarious and the kids will love them!!!! Simple and effective.

voodoo vixen said...

LOL... I did these last year - made hundreds of the little b*ggers and I know what you mean... it seemed such a good idea at the time!! I used magic marker for the eyes and mouths in the end and yep... the kids loved them!!

PepPop said...

They kid'll love them, the scarier the better!! Jaqui x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Lol, I have had a bad day today and your post has really made me chuckle, love the ghosts!

jill said...

the anguish on photo 1's face is worthy of Edvard Munch! *genius*