Thursday 4 December 2014

Simple Christmas Branch Card

This card measures 6ins x 6ins and is made using a hand cut, linen effect card blank
Stars on a branch cardI used my Memory Box  - MB98187 WOODLAND BRANCH DIE  Code: MB98187 for this very simple card.
After I had glued the branch on to the card, I went over it lightly with a white gel pen and then a Quickie Glue pen to add a light sprinkling of translucent micro glitter to give it a Christmassy feel.  Unfortunately the photo just doesn’t bring out the magical twinkle and sparkle of the glitter.
Stars on a branch card.I then drew threads to hang the silver, metal, star charms from (this is my demo card …. so next time the lines will be straighter!), and as I wanted to hid the eyes on the top of the stars I added very small red flat backed gems which just added enough subtle festive colour to lift the card. Voila!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Yup - those gems were the crowning touch. Fabulous card!

Mrs B said...

Hi Helen. Wonderful, I love it.
I am a very happy bunny now as my lovely daughter managed to get the last pack of robin stickers in a Paperchase she visited : )) Guess what I am going to be doing today : )) She also got a pack that have Badgers, Foxes and Owls, (and deer, flowers and foliage) which are the names of me and my Beaver Scout assistants so now I have to think of a way to use them. Any ideas Helen? :)Take care.

marc said...

love this card and can be used for so many occasions just by making one star different from the others and saying your the star on this your ....Day or your the bright star in the bunch ect as helen would say the world is your lobster lol big love marc