Saturday 4 March 2017

Stamped Copper Christmas Tags

These tags measure approximately 11cms x 2cms.
Stamped Copper Christmas TagsI think these copper tags were a charity shop find when Marc and I went “on honeymoon” to Shrewsbury about 3 years ago.  If I were to hazard a guess, I think they may be something to do with gardening, but I will stand corrected if anyone knows any better……
Slim Copper TagsAnyway, Marc and I split what they had between us, paying no more than £1 each …… but it has taken until now for me to do anything with mine ……
alphabet set….. and that being “just” stamping them, but having said that, I am so chuffed with how they have turned out.  I stamped them using letters from a retro vintage alphabet and number set I found on e-bay, for, I think, about £7.
I decided it would be a lot easier to print the letters, using jet black Stazon Ink, in a higgledy piggledy way, rather than try and get them perfectly spaced out and level, but even doing that, I still had to wipe quite a few mistakes away before I was happy.
The finishing touch was to add a wooden bead to the copper wire that came with the tags.

5 comments:

marc said...

yes they were for herbs i love what you done with them big love marc

Di said...

Wow Helen, these are fabulous! You're absolutely right that the copper tags are to do with gardening and they look lovely used as herb plant labels. Mind you, I think your idea is great!

Hugs

Di xx

Cheryl W said...

They're perfect! They will be such a special surprise on someone's gift or goodie. Clever idea!

tilly said...

certainly different but what a good use for them, you will certainly have lots of different items to sell later...
Tilly

Roni said...

Great idea, these are so pretty! Love copper!

Big hugs
Roni :D xox