Thursday 18 May 2017

A Gothic Punk Style Popsicle/Lolly Stick Fairy

I am still experimenting with my fairies, this time going a little Gothic, inspired by some black feather butterflies Marc sent me, many moons ago, in the early days of our friendship.
Popsicle stick Gothic Fairy with Butterfly wings I think this one may be my favourite so far.
Halloween popsicle fairyInstead of using cake cases as I have before, I used a large, scallop edged punch to make a short, and full, five layered skirt which I think makes her look a bit punkie/gothic in style.
halloween popsicle fairy 1Halloween Popsicle fairy 3
I made a small slit using a craft knife in the centre of the all the layers to push through the fairy’s body.
Halloween popsicle fairy cI wrapped wool round the top for hair but to go with the darker style, coloured it with a black Sharpie pen. 
Popsicle Stick Gothic FairyNatural coloured wool and wooden beads create the arms and hands ……
popsicle fairy hands …….. and one of Marc’s butterflies makes her wings, with a few clear, flat backed gems for some extra fairy bling.
Popsicle Stick Fairy with Butterfly wingsWhen stuck down with a glue gun the butterfly wings hid the back of the stick and safely secured the arms.  I could cover the centre back of the butterfly if I was being really pernickety.
popsicle stick fairy feetI used tiny gems on the fairy’s slippers and top and a small gem flower in her hair.  If I could improve her any more, I might add a little Ranger Glossy Accents to accentuate and shiny up her slippers.
A thread looped through the fairy’s hair would be easy to add so that the fairy could be hung on a Christmas Tree.
I hope you are not getting sick of my fairies, it’s just that as soon as I make one, I get another idea, and, though I love making cards, at the moment I have a very limited outlet for them, I would rather keep having fun making lots of different fairies with the intention of giving a selection to family and friends, instead of a Christmas card to put on their tree, to come out, hopefully, for a few years to come, rather than a card that generally just put out for one Christmas only.

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I'll never get sick of your fairies - or any other creation of yours. :) This gothic fairy is just too cute. I could see your granddaughter playing with a whole slew of fairies in a rainbow of colors.

tilly said...

a cute selection of fairies so far, why stop if you are enjoying the making lol xx

Pamela said...

Not getting bored here either! I'm loving them - probably more than a 60 year old should LOL!

marc said...

fab fab fab big love marc