Monday 27 November 2017

Button Flower Tags

I am not sure about these tags at all, hence the reason why they have just lingered in my “done nothing with” box on my desk for a bit too long.
IMG_5454
The tag base is a thinner than usual, wooden children’s domino which I have covered with a scrap of self adhesive, floral, cotton material from The Works.  I then drilled a hole in the corner for a jump ring and tie attachment.
IMG_5456
The small buttons also came from The Works, the flower left over from a previous project. I then simply added a punched foliage spray and a little doodled faux stitching round the edges.
IMG_5455
The back was similarly edged, leaving plenty of space for a message/greeting etc. 
At the moment the tags don’t really work for me, I can’t put my finger on “what’s missing/wrong” though, perhaps a discreet scattering of small, flat backed gems in the centre of the printed flowers, a gem in the middle of the centre button, or some matching coloured beads on the tying thread????  I guess they will probably stay on my desk for a little while longer until I can work it out, or perhaps they will just come into their own when put on a parcel wrapped in a matching plain paper?????

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I think they're pretty cute. I'd like to see how a gem in the middle would look, though.

Anonymous said...

Lovely as they are but maybe a few small pearls / stones on the stamped leaves would "lift" them off the background? Have a few of these sort of projects lingering myself, know they need something else but not sure what and it's so easy to spoil something by going OTT isn't it! Thanks for the blog Helen, always nice to see what you're up to. Annie x