Following on from the success of my first button brooch pins the other day, I have made more, in bulk!!
As I told you, the bulk of my “old” buttons fell victim to my house moving craft cull, but The Works came up trumps, in part, with buttons of just the right size for brooches and card embellishments.
In the Santoro bag (who make Gorjuss) there were 60 spotty and plain buttons of two sizes for £1 and in the “normal” craft buttons, there were 100 in three different sizes.
However, despite buying two bags of the Santoro there still wasn’t enough of the larger spotty buttons to make a matching pair for hair clips for Madam, but I did managed to get three pairs from the smaller plain ones in the bags. At the moment I haven’t added any self adhesive fabric backing over the card support or brooch pins to the backs, I want to have a play first to see how a few work as embellishments on a card.
I though I might have better luck making pairs with two bags of the other plain craft buttons, but having three sizes complicated it a little. On the first three flower heads I made, I went overboard trying to use all three sizes, but they didn’t look as “innocent” or simple as the Santoro batch, and using 12 buttons per flower wasn’t as economical. So, after that I made piles of five buttons in various combinations, including adding a few spare ones from the Santoro packs to maximise my yield.
Aside from the one or two I am keeping for cards, I was thinking of packaging them by putting them on a white or possibly Kraft tag in sets of three, one large and two small ones, so that they can be worn singularly or in a group, on clothes or on a bag or make up bag etc. Put in threes it will look like more for your money …… I was thinking of something around £1.50, to be put away until I hear of a craft fair later on in the year. But before that I need to think about the said packaging ……